Purpose: Connecting people and ideas for a creative and dynamic public service.
What is the Public Sector Innovation Network (PSIN)?
- Brings together public servants with an interest in making things better through the application of innovative approaches
- Works to create an active and engaged network of professionals who share information and collaborate on public sector innovation
- Builds awareness and understanding of innovative practices and insights
- Actively engages State, Territory, and international counterparts, so as to learn from other public services who are also looking at new ways of doing things
- Is endorsed by the APS Portfolio Secretaries as part of a broader APS Innovation Agenda
- Is supported by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Public Sector Innovation team.
What does the PSIN do?
The PSIN encourages innovation by:
- Sharing online resources and tools through the govspace.gov.au site
- Engaging with public servants and interested others through multiple channels including social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yammer and the weekly newsletter)
- Coordinating regular events and practical activities (including Innovation Month each July) to build awareness, understanding and capability in the innovation process
- Connecting APS agencies through the PSIN Agents
- Mobilising leadership support from the Innovation Champions Group
Who are the PSIN Agents?
The PSIN relies on the contributions of individual agencies through the PSIN Agents. The Agents:
- Are representatives of their agencies who believe in strengthening an innovative APS
- Are people committed to working collaboratively
- Question existing assumptions, processes and look for opportunities to do things differently in order to get better outcomes.
The PSIN Agents can be found here. If your agency doesn't have an Agent, contact psi [at] industry.gov.au to discuss if you can be added.
What do PSIN Agents do?
Agents are expected to:
- Serve as a key innovation contact for their agency, fielding queries on the PSIN, distributing relevant information and mobilising activity within their agency
- Participate in or contribute to monthly Agent meetings (last Friday of each month)
- Support the Innovation Champion’s Group
- Promote innovation within their Department or agency, including by developing and promoting events, and reporting on relevant activities
- Share information on innovation within their agency, including for the annual Public Sector Innovation Snapshot report.
This information is also available for download in pdf format (327 KB).