The Innovation Month Poster is available here (pdf 91kb) feel free to print it out and share it around.What is Innovation Month?
Innovation Month (3-31 July) is a programme of events designed to encourage, inform and enable the public service to further embrace innovation. The theme of 2015’s Innovation Month is ‘Dream, Dare, Do’.
- Innovation Month Poster
- Innovation Month Events
- Where will I hear about Innovation Month?
- How can I get involved?
- Registering your event
- How we can help your involvement
- Background and more information
- Posts about Innovation Month
Innovation Month Poster
This year we're glad to say we have enough events for two posters!
The inside Canberra Innovation Month Poster (pdf 255kb) and the outside Canberra Innovation Month poster (pdf 255kb) feel free to print it out and share it around.
Innovation Month Events
All the events are being added to our event calendar (best viewed in Internet Explorer), see below for the list of Innovation Month events as they are confirmed.
- 3-5: GovHack, Various locations across Australia, Details and registration here
- 6: Innovation Month Launch, 10.30-11.30am, Nicta Building, 7 London Circuit, Canberra City Details and registration here
- 7: Innovation Month Summit: Cross Pollination and Idea Sharing, 9am-5.15pm, 1 Matilda Street, Hellenic Club, Phillip Details and registration here
- 8: CBR xPS Pathways workshop, 9am-12.30pm CBR Innovation Network, Level 5, 1 Moore St Canberra. Details and registration here.
- 9: Augmented Reality, 10.30am-11.30pm Online streaming, APS Staff only.
- 9: Life Without Lanyards launch 6pm-8pm, CBR Innovation Network, Level 5, 1 Moore St Canberra a wait list is available.
- 14: Innovate APS: Making it Happen, Canberra Details and registration here
- 14: Innovation Month 2015 - Lean Startup Workshop #1 Validation, 9am-12.30pm CBRIN events room, Level 5, 1 Moore Street, Canberra Details and registration here
- 14: Hunter Innovation Festival - Smart Ideas for a Smart City, Newcastle entrepreneurs with global reach, 7-9am, Watt Street Arc, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 14: GovCamp, 9am-1.30pm Sydney
- 14: Hunter Innovation Festival - Smart Cities and the Internet of Everything, 6-8pm, Newcastle Panthers, the Friendship room, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 15: GovCamp, 9am,-1.30pm, Brisbane
- 15: Seeking the courage to innovate: 2-3pm Online streaming, APS Staff only.
- 15: Hunter Innovation Festival - 50 Years of Innovation in the Hunter, 5-8pm, Newcastle Conservatorium of Music Foyer and Theatre Hall, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 16: Hunter Innovation Festival - Design to Product - An Innovation Journey in IP, 10am-12pm, The Business Centre, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 16: Hunter Innovation Festival - Breaking Through the Gender Barrier - Women in Innovation, 5.30-8pm, Watt Street Arc, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 17: Hunter Innovation Festival - Hunter, Economic Breakfast, 7-9am, Newcastle Panthers, Newcastle Details and registration here
- 17: Innovation Panel Discussion, 10am-12pm, The National Portrait Gallery King Edward Terrace, Terrace Room 1,Parkes, Canberra Details and registration here
- 20: GovCamp 9am-1.30pm, Hobart
- 21: The Innovation Imperative 7.30-9am, Perth CBD Details and registration here
- 21: Innovation Month 2015 - Lean Startup Workshop #2 Modelling, 9am-12.30pm CBRIN events room, Level 5, 1 Moore Street, Canberra Details and registration here
- 21: LocalGov Innovation Bootcamp, 9am-1pm, Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg Details and registration here
- 21: Young Australians and the Future of Work, 10-11.30am, Pilgrim House, 69 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra Details and registration here
- 21: The Computer Says Yes: the future of AI in the public service? 11-12.30am, Nicta Building, 7 London Circuit, Canberra City. Details and registration here
- 22: GovCamp 9am-1.30pm, Canberra
- 22: Policy Hack Workshop 1-5pm, Department of Environment, 2-4 National Circuit, Canberra. Details and registration here.
- 23: GovCamp 9am-1.30pm, Adelaide
- 24: GovCamp 9am-1.30pm, Melbourne
- 24: The Changing face of work 12-1pm, Department of Industry and Science, 10 Binara Street, Canberra. Details and registration here.
- 27: GovCamp 9am-1.30pm, Perth
- 27: The future is now, and we need to get on board, 2-3pm Nicta Building, 7 London Circuit, Canberra. Details and registration here.
- 28: Innovation Month 2015 - Lean Startup Workshop #3 Pitching, 9am-12.30pm CBRIN events room, Level 5, 1 M Street, Canberra Details and registration here
- 29: GovCamp Darwin
- 29: Disrupt Melbourne Innovation Conference, 9am-5pm, Level 1, 20 Queen Street, Melbourne Details and registration here
- 29: Storytelling @ VicGov, 10am-12.30pm, Department of Treasury and Finance, Ground Floor, 1 Macarthur St, Melbourne, Details and registration here
- 29: Everything is Awesome – How to create narratives about the future of your organisation, 10am-12.30pm, The Chamber, Hawthorn Arts Centre 360 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn Details and registration here
- 29: Idea Pitching Workshop, 2-4pm, National Circuit, Room M20, Barton Details and registration here
- 30: Accelerating cross-sector collaboration for successful innovation, 9.30am-12pm, IP Australia, 47 Bowes Street, Phillip Details and registration here
- 30: Australia Post: Innovate or Die! 10-11am, Online streaming.
- 31: Paul Shetler, the DTO, and a vision for future. 10-11 am, Online streaming.
- 31: GovCamp National Dialogue Canberra
Special thanks to our partners for Innovation Month 2015:
Where will I hear about Innovation Month?
We'll be blogging about Innovation Month and posting about it on the PSIN newsletter, with special updates for members who have registered their location details. We will also be updating the PSIN calendar of events, posting news on Twitter using the #PSInnovate15 hashtag and be developing other promotional opportunities where they arise.
How can I get involved?
Innovation Month 2015 is a collective effort, led by interested people in public sector agencies, working together and with others outside of the public service who value innovation.
The first step to becoming involved is to register as a member of the PSIN by registering to receive the newsletter and specifying that you are interested in joining a local PSIN group. This means you will receive the behind the scene updates on Innovation Month developments and other news regarding public sector innovation coordination.
If you’re already a member of the PSIN and wish to update your details, follow the same link, enter your details and you will be sent an email to update your account.
If you’re a government employee you can also join the discussion about Innovation Month and other developments on the PSIN Group on the OPSI platform here. We have developed a guide (PDF 1 MB, docx 20KB) to assist the registration process.
If you have an idea for Innovation Month you’d like to discuss directly email us at psi [at] industry.gov.au and we’ll get back to you.
Registering your event
If you're developing an event for Innovation Month, please register your event 25 June using this registration form (pdf 142kb) we also offer a running sheet (pdf 400kb) and planning sheet (pdf 414kb). All three are also available in this excel form (.xlsx 466Kb).
Event holders can also use the Innovation Month Logos which are available for download below:
How we can help your involvement
If you’d like to register your event with us, we will list you in the PSIN events calendar and can promote you in the PSIN Newsletter. We’ll soon have updated registration forms for you to complete.
If you’d like to run an event but note sure how to, you can look at our ‘how-to-guide’ to event management.
Background and more information
Innovation Month 2015 is the flagship initiative lead by the Department of Industry to achieve the objectives of the APS Innovation Action Plan “the APS and its agencies will institute mechanisms to recognise, celebrate and share innovation efforts. This will be done by … agencies holding innovation themed events to discuss, share and celebrate public sector innovation within their agencies.” The plan is supported by the leaders by the Portfolio Secretaries of the APS.
Posts about Innovation Month
All the Innovation Month related posts can be found here.