Some recent developments and articles of interest:
- Craig Thomler suggests that Gov 2.0 and public sector innovation initiatives require having both a business and an IT oriented person in the team
- Ralph Orr writes about ‘integrative innovation’ on his new blog. “Sustainable innovation management is a complex capability that requires dynamic integration of various aspects. Quite often though, discussions about innovation focus on a selection of factors, such as technology, R&D, customers or processes, without taking the bigger and systemic picture into account.”1
- Tim Kastelle looks at how knowledge businesses are being disrupted by the freeing up of information. Many public sector agencies are also ‘knowledge businesses’ – how might these disruptions affect the ‘business models’ of agencies?
- Nesta’s Centre for Challenge Prizes has shortlisted 6 finalists in their challenge to find ways of reducing food waste in the UK. The six finalists will receive funding of up to £10,000 and help to set up and test their ideas over the next six months and then the winner will be selected in November following the test period
- Alex Howard takes a look at the innovation program of the US Department of Veterans Affairs. “The scale and gravity of the problems that the VA faces demand true innovation: new ideas, technology or methodologies that challenge and improve upon existing processes and systems, improving the lives of people or the function of the society that they live within.”2
As always, please feel free to identify any other recent developments or articles of interest in the comments below.
- This quote is not covered by the Creative Commons licence or Commonwealth Copyright. From Ralph Orr “Integrative Innovation” 19 February 2013, accessed at http://integrative-innovation.net/?p=426 ↩
- This quote is not covered by the Creative Commons licence or Commonwealth Copyright. From Alex Howard “VA looks to apply innovation to better care and service for veterans” 21 February 2013 accessed at http://radar.oreilly.com/2013/02/va-looks-to-apply-innovation-to-better-care-and-service-for-veterans.html ↩
GD Star Rating